It’s been a bumper year for WTAW thanks to the exceptional/unbelievable/amazing/generous support of the Upper Hunter community.
In 2019 we’ve funded:
• 16 students from the five Upper Hunter High Schools to attend National Student Leadership Summit at St Peter’s School in Adelaide
• 110 students to attend a Student Leadership Summit in the Upper Hunter
• 150 students to participate in the Burn Bright Leadership programme
• 20 teachers to attend the Positive Education Schools Association annual conference
• 663 students from the five Upper Hunter High Schools to complete Teen Mental Health First Aid Training
• 372 parents and carers to complete Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
• 200 parents and carers to learn about Strengths Based Parenting from Professor Lea Waters, leading into Strength Switch Family Facilitation Courses
• 400 teachers to complete their training in Visible Wellbeing
• 100 pre-school and early learning teachers to begin their training in Visible Wellbeing
• 5000 students to spend every day of their school year learning skills and tools to help them thrive throughout life, no matter what the challenges!!!
There’s a lot of people to be thanked for making this happen & you can check these out below.
Let’s keep the foot on the accelerator in 2020 so our kids and our community can lead the way in achieving good mental health!